5 Looks to wear for the Summer Heat

The Summer heat wave has arrived!

If you can’t help but step outside of the house and sweat from the mugginess and humidity, it can be frustrating when trying to determine what outfit to wear for the day.

While living in California you’re never real prone to face freezing temperatures (let’s be real), but sometimes it can be a quandary as to what to wear for the hot summer day.

Here are some of my favorite go-to’s:

Clinch a cute belt around the waist of a long shirtdress and you have a chic, lightweight fabric look for the Summer.

Wrap Dress

“Feel like a woman, wear a dress!”~ Diane Von Furstenberg

Not only is a wrap dress classic, comfortable and chic, but it is something simple to change into in the morning. Wrap Dresses have a great versatility. Wear it with flats and you have a casual summer look while running errands. Dress it up with heels and you have a perfect night out outfit!

Maxi Skirt

Just like Jessica Alba did for a Disneyland trip, opt for a patterned Maxi Skirt and pair it with a tank top and chic vest! Giving it an edgier vibe, Alba chose to wear combat boots underneath.

Denim Overalls

I used to love wearing overalls as a child (no shame), so it’s fun to see the trend return in a shorter and more fashionable style. Like Vanessa Hudgens, style overalls layering a crop top, with a denim shirt wrapped around the waist. Pair with a booties and you have a summer look that looks like you’re ready for Coachella!

Body Suits

The leotard is making its’ mark on the fashion industry! It seems as if Body suits have become the new go-to Summer outfit. Worn with shorts or pants, the look is comfortable, sexy and can be styled casually or formally.

9 Comments Add yours

1. Nice post! Love all of the outfits!

1. Lexy says:

Thank you so much! Glad you liked them! Hope you stay tuned for more posts 🙂

2. Beth says:

Oh my gosh I love the white overalls! Like you said, haven’t worn them since I was a kid but the one unbuttoned look is adorable!!

1. Lexy says:

Thanks! That was my favorite too!! Thanks for reading and liking the post! Hope you stay tuned for more 🙂

3. tiaralbrown says:

Hey nice post! I’m a small blogger, would you mind checking my blog out. Thanks in advance.

1. Lexy says:

Sure! Thanks for checking out mine 🙂 Hope you stay tuned for more!

1. tiaralbrown says:

Thanks! I’m a little younger so it may not be the best writing style but I appreciate you checking it out anyways.

4. lorigreer says:

Love all of these suggestions!

5. EricaSpeaks says:

All the outfits are incredibly edgy and chic! Love them! Please do check out my blog for a fun flashback of some of the inspiring street style trends we witnessed in 2k16!